Permits related to strictly protected and protected species
Under provisions of the Nature Protection Act, the Ministry issues permits for operations related to strictly protected and protected taxa, in particular:
- for scientific research and education,
- for breeding and keeping,
- for transboundary movement and trade,
- for operations necessary for protection of public health and safety, air safety or other overriding public interests,
- for repopulation and reintroduction,
- for reasonable use in small quantities under strict control in order to maintain favourable status of the species.
Additionally, the Ministry issues permits for commercial use of protected taxa (gathering from nature, breeding and trade).
You can find out more about submitting applications and receiving permits for listed operations in chapter Sustainable use of protected natural values.